Looney Labs Geeks Mailing list Archive

Re: [Geeks] hard drive recommendations?

  • FromKarl von Laudermann <karlvonl@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 25 May 2007 18:20:00 -0400
On May 25, 2007, at 5:52 AM, Andy Looney wrote:

Hello Geeks!

So, I lost a hard drive recently and I need to replace it. In fact, I want two. I'm looking to buy a matched pair of external mac- compatible hard drives. Of course, I'm looking for reliability, plenty of space, and as low a price as possible... but I don't need outrageously big hard drives, 250 gig each is probably enough. Anyway, does anyone have a recommendation for me for some place I can order something specific, which is maybe on sale or something?

LaCie is a respected brand among Mac users for their reliability and Mac-friendliness. And I'd recommend a FireWire drive over USB because a Mac can boot from an external FW drive, but not USB.

--
                Karl von Laudermann
                karlvonl@xxxxxxx