[Icehouse] Treehouse playtest report

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 28 Jan 2006 03:11:38 -0500
1. Very nice -- we liked a lot. We played continuously for nearly an hour and stopped partially because the venue was closing.

2. We didn't realize that the orientation of the lines mattered until the fourth game (we started just playing with relative orientation only being siggnificant.) Playing according to the rules made the game better, and this point should probably be emphasized more.

3. Can you hop in place? It's clear that the other turn options must do something, but hops start and end upright.

4. We had a lot of null digs. This seems to be because only two actions can make things lie down (tip, aim), wheras four actions can make things upright (dig, hop, aim, swap). Tip can lie down 3 pieces, but it's still very unbalanced.
      a. Proposed solutions: make hop land sideways if it can.