RE: [Icehouse] Zero-pip pyramids

  • From"Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 10 Feb 2006 15:10:52 -0500
Awesome!  You had to destroy "regulation" pyramids to do it, but those
little guys really took one for the team.

-----Original Message-----
From: icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jesse Welton
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 3:04 PM
To: Icehouse Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] Zero-pip pyramids

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:39:26PM -0500, Brian Campbell wrote:
> Cool! How did you make them? They look really nice; it looks from the
> picture that they match the regular pieces really well.

They ought to; I basically just cut the tips off of a bunch of the
regular molded pieces.  I used a 1-pointer as a guide for sawing them
off, then sanded the bases flat.  This actually left them a bit
oversized relative to the linear size progression, but they nest
neatly and stack reasonably well if you don't put much on top of them.
And, most importantly, they *look* the right size.

-Jesse