RE: [Icehouse] Treehouse version 7 (sorry Zarf!)

  • From"Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 15 Feb 2006 13:35:45 -0500
The new Hop rule is ambiguous.  If the upright piece you Hop is under a
stack, what do you do with the pieces above it?

The old Dig works fine now that that we have the tunneling metaphor for
explanation, and does away with the nasty business of the "new Dig" being
the only dual-mode action.

The new reroll until you can do something rule fixes the possibility of a
very unfun null turn.

Other than the ambiguous Hop, I think it's a good rev.

Topher

-----Original Message-----
From: icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kristin Looney
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:39 AM
To: icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Icehouse] Treehouse version 7 (sorry Zarf!)

We have been teaching Treehouse up at Toy Fair the last few days, and
although the reactions have been excellent, we have decided to revert to
the old Dig again...

and Alison had an excellent idea:  if you can't move, roll again.

Also, Andy changed Hop from "a top upright piece" to "any upright piece."

please check out the updated rules:
<http://www.wunderland.com/icehouse/Treehouse/>

(and yes - the art HAD already gone to the printer, but sometimes you
decide to make changes even AFTER they have gone to the printer if the
change is important)

please look at this TODAY and let us know what you think!

-Kristin