Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse reference card

  • From"Chuck Durfee" <tangentier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 03 May 2006 10:14:00 -0600
Thank you for your kind words!

I'm sorry I violated the "rules of the road" on this mailing list. Some lists prefer attachments, other loathe them.

I read your suggestions and incorporated a sentence about hopping in place. Opinions of the tree title font have been mixed, so I kept it. The version with the updated text is now available at http://browncoat.home.comcast.net/looney/treehouse_reference_card.tif.

I wonder if your image browser re-scaled the image for printing; the dimensions of the image are 4.055 by 3.375 inches, which gives about a 1/16" margin around the sides of a spare ICE-7/Micro Catalog card.

The main reason I haven't gone out and purchased a Treehouse set is time. Late April to early May is perhaps the busiest time of year for our family, with end of school activities and three birthdays and Mother's Day to celebrate. I certainly do plan to obtain a set the next time I'm there, as well as cajoling the patrons into a game or two!

Sadly, it's also a matter of economics. I already own all 11 sets of monochrome stashes, so to seems somewhat extravagent to spend another $10 to get more pyramids I don't need just for the convenience of having a custom die and the rules on the side of the tube. From that perspective, I'd rather buy Just Desserts.

I wonder whether I am in the minority or if there are other customers in my position. If there are, a reference card like this might provide a stop-gap measure for existing Icehouse fans. In the end, I'll eventually get a set for demonstration purposes, so I can show people "this is how they come now", and for the custom die. For now, though, this reference card will live in my purple bag so I can promote Treehouse today.

Thanks!
Chuck

From: "Carol Townsend" <carol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Icehouse Discussion List" <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse reference card
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 21:35:20 -0500

Hey Chuck,

This looks really good!  The only thing I'd change, if I were doing
it, is somehow adding in the "hopping in place isn't allowed" rule. Other than that, you've got a great little... well, big... thing here.
(when I printed it out, it came out full page size, instead of card
size, but that's a small thing do deal with)  One bit of aesthetics
(sp?) - I'm not sure about the "Inside the Trees Font" you've used for
Treehouse - I think if I were doing it, I'd use the logo as it is on
the tube.  (shrug - YMMV)

And just FYI, I know that most of the time, it's best to only post a
link to where you've got a copy stored, instead of putting an
attachment onto the email that's to be sent to a mailing list.  Some
people's email clients don't deal well w/ attachments (and some just
plain ol' refuse delivery of emails with attachments to a mailing
list) so next time, if you could, please just put a link in and we can
all go to that URL in whatever browser we've chosen.  Thanks!

And I'm just curious - is the reason you don't have a Treehouse set
because your Friendly Local Game Store isn't stocking it yet?  Go
ahead and ask them to special order it for you - our retailers have
multiple ways of getting you a copy, and a lot of them don't know
about Treehouse yet.  I own a bunch of pyramids already and got a
couple of Treehouse sets anyway - having everything in a tube (die,
rules, 'mids) is just the best!  I truly do think it's worth it.

If all y'all (English just doesn't do "you plural" well...anyway....)
would go to one or two game stores nearest you and ask for Treehouse,
and then PLAY it with the retailers, that would just ROCK!  I'm
talking to retailers every day, a lot of whom haven't heard of
Treehouse yet.  The more people can help generate curiousity about
Treehouse, the more this game will fly off the shelves.

You rock Chuck!  Thanks for being such a great Treehouse-loving Rabbit!
-Carol
(she who calls stores every day talking with more and more retailers
about Treehouse....)