Re: [Icehouse] [Martian Chess] End of Tournament Games

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 6 Jul 2006 10:33:54 -0400
On 7/6/06, kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx <kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone see a good game-end rule for Martian Chess that drives the game to a conclusion with a single winner when there are players tied for the lead, neither/none of which can empty their sector profitably?  I know, how about this: The game ends when there is one clear winner anytime AFTER (or while) there was (is) an empty sector.  I think that would have worked during the tournament game, but I'm not sure.  I dislike a little because it require a little bit (in fact, one bit) of memory -- you can't just look at the board to see the state of the game.  But that's a small price to pay.

On first look, that seems like the best you're going to get.  In fact,
I kinda like it.  It definitely keeps the feeling of quickness that
should accompany martian chess.

Possibly naive question: what's so bad about a stalemate/shared
victory?  (Other than the obvious difficulty in tournaments.)

--
 Hi, I'm new here *waves*