[Icehouse] Re: End of Tournament Games

  • From"Eric Wald" <eswald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 6 Jul 2006 09:45:04 -0600
Marc Hartstein wrote:
One alternative I thought of after the tournament was to have a
tiebreaker rule instead.  I see two possibilities:

1. Having an empty quadrant breaks ties.  [...]

2. Having at least one piece left breaks ties.  [...]

I was originally leaning toward choice 2, but I'm not sure any longer
which I prefer.  Neither covers the situation in which a player who's
not one of the ones in the tie for the lead empties their quadrant, but
that might be ok.

3. The person with the empty quadrant chooses a winner among those tied.

There could be a problem, though, where players are simply unwilling to
move the game toward an end if they're not in a winning position.

This is slightly alleviated by the above rule, but perhaps not much.

- Eric