Re: [Icehouse] [Martian Chess] End of Tournament Games

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 6 Jul 2006 11:12:47 -0500
Elliott C. Evans writes:
>3. Scores are computed as captured points *minus* points still in your
>   territory.

This would be an interesting variation.

>Here's where we hit on why games I was playing in did not have any
>problem ending in reasonable time. I tend to push games to conclusion
>even if I'm losing,

Hmm.  I'll note that this is actually at odds with what I saw of your
Icetowers strategy (which seemed to involve shaking things up until
you thought you'd done as well as you were going to).  Different
games, different philosopies?  (or just a real hatred for double-caps?
:)

>I agree. I am not in favor of changing the rules of established games.
>I would like to figure out a good tournament structure, though.

I'm kind of curious about how "the game ends when there's a winner and a
player with a clear field, a winner being defined as a player tied for
the lead with a clear field or one clearly in the lead" would
play. But that's clearly a change.

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--   "Did you know, if you increment enough, you   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'