[Icehouse] DIY Cloth Chessboard

  • FromTheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 22 Oct 2006 05:55:47 -0500

I got some checkerboard (b&w) material with 2" squares, so I decided to make a chessboard bandanna... hmm.. I should post pictures...

Anyways, I made the 8x8 board, then I had a whole bunch of material left over, so I decided to make some bags to hold beads and pyramids and stuff.

And then my friend suggested that I make a bag that when it lies flat, is also a board. But by that point I'd already cut away the 8x8 section of material for the chess board and did not have the 16x8 I'd need to make a bag from it.

But I did have enough material for two 4x4 bag/boards... The first one turned out ok, except the stitching* needs some work and I need to cut some excess material from the inside.

*I put them together using iron-on stitching called stitch-witchery... hence why it's weak in places. (I don't have a sewing machine, so the lady at the fabric place suggested it).

Yeah, I'll have to get pictures.

(the 4x4 bag with 2" squares seems the perfect size for game stuff... I'll have to find 1" square fabric to make an 8x8 board)

-Evan Parker