Re: [Icehouse] Ubervolcano?

  • FromTheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 3 Dec 2006 07:31:28 -0600
Michael's idea sounds neat. I'll assume that dropping a cap to bare dirt counts as your move though (else it will be a rather sudden game of lemmings at the end).

As for the 5x5x5 board, umm... It seems like a neat idea, but would be really hard to visualize moves (and I already have a friend that takes a half hour on a normal 3d board). Now if you could get some magnetic pyramids and play on the faces of a cube... that I think would be neat. (or, use two sets of 3 player martian chess boards... except that would be 4x4 instead of 5x5).

Other ideas/questions I've been having:
Has anyone devised an opening move whereby the second player does not get 2 pyramids? I havn't proven it yet, but I feel with 5 pyramids you can make a move from any position you wish, no matter what the initial setup is...

Hmm... actually. let me see. I may have one, but I havn't stared at it on a board so umm... it may not work out. (opens OOo Draw, wishing he had a scanner instead) Instead of attaching, I think I'll just throw it up on a blogger post.

http://sharperkelp.blogspot.com/2006/12/volcano-safe-opening-move.html

That's it for now,
-Evan