Re: [Icehouse] Ubervolcano?

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 3 Dec 2006 09:26:33 -0600
doh! You're right - they are 5x5.  Need to get the glasses cleaned!  :)

On 12/3/06, TheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Umm... I'm pretty sure all the images I put up are 5x5 boards. the links again are:

http://sharperkelp.blogspot.com/index.html
http://sharperkelp.blogspot.com/2006/12/volcano-board-setup.html
http://sharperkelp.blogspot.com/2006/12/volcano-safe-opening-move.html

Oh yeah mega-volcano, that reminds me of my other question: is there any way while playing a game of mega-volcano to avoid having the first player take the big white? If not, the whole "any player with all 3 whites wins" rule seems a little skewed toward the starting player.

I'm still trying to mathematically prove/disprove that in a regular volcano game, you can make any move if you have 5 caps on the board, given the preceding eruption was legal (this comes into play because there's a setup that would make for any move to cause an eruption, but you cannot get to that position by causing an eruption)

-Evan