Re: [Icehouse] Zendo rules question

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 08 Dec 2006 18:08:42 +0000
Timothy H. wrote:
> A Koan has the buddha nature, if and only if it contains a stack whose
> total pip value is the same as the number of letters in the colour of
> the top-most pyramid in that stack.
>
> Now, I would argue that that's NOT allowed by the rule, as it's
> language dependent, and thus refers to something outside of the Koan -
> i.e. language.  "Red" is an inherent property.  "R-E-D" is not, for it
> would be different for French players: "R-O-U-G-E".

The above rule could also be stated as -

AKHTBN iff it contains a stack whose total pip value is:
   * 3 if the top-most pyramid in the stack is red,
   * 4 if the top-most pyramid in the stack is blue,
   * 5 if the top-most pyramid in the stack is green, or
   * 6 if the top-most pyramid in the stack is yellow.

...and that rule could be translated into any language and still be
functionally the same. It's a bit awkward, though. I can understand
your friend's preference for assuming all the students speak English.

http://wiki.playagaingames.com/tiki-index.php?page=Some+Zendo+Rules

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx