Re: [Icehouse] Query: Wiki categories

  • FromJeff Zeitlin <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 21 Dec 2006 17:18:20 -0500
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:00:10 -0500 (EST), "James Hazelton"
<jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The point of a Wiki is that anyone can update anything, so if you have a
>catagory to make, go ahead and make it.  I like the idea of a Non-Stacking
>Games catagory; that is, I can see how it would be useful.  However, I don't
>know who goes around writing the rules to games on their notecards to bring
>them along with their single stashes.  Also the matter of what qualifies.
>ICE-7 contains rules to games I thought for sure were too complex to be
>reduced down to a card.

Well, it wasn't necessarily that one would actually print out the rules
on a notecard, but that the rules were simple enough to be playable if
they were, with the secondary thought that *IF* they wanted to, Looney
Labs could then market stashes with the rules for any random GIANT like
they did with Treehouse: put the pyramids (and maybe one die) into a
tube, and print the rules on the label.

I haven't looked at ICE-7 lately; are the rules on the card(s)
sufficient to successfully play the game in question?