Re: [Icehouse] Query: Wiki categories

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 21 Dec 2006 00:33:43 -0500
On Dec 20, 2006, at 9:20 PM, Jeff Zeitlin wrote:

(1) Non-stacking games: These are games where the Icehouse pieces are
never stacked, either treewise or nestwise.  Games in this category
would be suitable for playing with the early Xyloid pieces, or with
probably the vast majority of piecenikked stashes.   The original
Icehouse game would fit into this classification; Ice Towers and Volcano
would not.

This is definitely a useful category. Lots of designs for custom pieces don't make them stackable, so being able to find the games that work would be nice. Definitely feel free to create a category for such games. Maybe also create a complimentary category for games that do require stacking.

I've always wanted to put together a list of the best games for pieceniks; these would be games that can be played with solid pieces, one stash per player, and color doesn't matter (other than distinguishing each person's stash). That way, everyone can bring their own cool, customized stash and play a bunch of games.

The games I know of that meet these criteria are as follows:
Icehouse
Torpedo
Gnostica
Zarcana