Re: [Icehouse] Rough game idea - not fully worked out - thoughts?

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 9 Jan 2007 21:52:22 -0500
On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 06:20:08PM -0500, Jeff Zeitlin wrote:

> Working name is Martian Coaster Chaturanga.
>
> (Comments, please?  Also, if anyone has any ideas for including the
> fifth color of the Treehouse stash in the game, I'm all ears.)

I have a question: who wins?  Maybe I missed it: I see the condition
which ends the game, but I can't seem to find an object or a winner
anywhere in the rules.

The rules could probably use some reorganization, but I realize this is
a draft.  Maybe an intro which explains the rules, an overview of the
turn order, then details on each of the steps.  Right now you learn the
details of what "moving a piece" means before you learn that you'll be
moving pieces or under what circumstance you'll be doing so.  That tends
to be a little confusing.

I'll be interested to see how this turns out...