Re: [Icehouse] Re: Idea for Looney Labs: Martian Coasters II?

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Jan 2007 09:17:35 -0800
On Wednesday, January 10, 2007, at 11:39AM, "David Artman" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hear, hear, HEAR!
>
>So what's this... the fifth time this has been mentioned since MC came out?
>Sixth?
>
>I really think you folks at Looney should give this some thought.

I'm sure they've given it thought.  And I'm sure if it was just a matter of doing what they wanted to do, we'd all already be playing on xeno coasters.  Looney Labs is a business, and they have to have a good business case to produce products, if they want to have sustainability. Hopefully, their analysis will be positive. :)

>All I'd need are source files and the color translations (i.e. the color in the
>Xeno set to which each color in the Rainbow set corresponds, in case it matters
>in the game layout, arrows, orientation dots, etc).

Um, did you know that the current coasters have that information?  The arrows are colored to match Xeno colors.  All you need to do is reverse the color of the squares and the arrows. (For example, the green coaster has orange arrows, which would translate to an orange coaster with green arrows.)  The only ambiguous thing is the red coaster, which has white arrows.  The trouble is how to distinguish between white and clear.  I guess the red coaster is for clear, and the Holiday promo black coaster is for white (though its arrows are inexplicably gray).