Re: [Icehouse] Re: Ikkozendo is now on the Wiki... and needs a final name (re-send)

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Jan 2007 09:36:58 -0800
On Wednesday, January 10, 2007, at 12:16PM, "David Artman" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>--On Dec 20, 2006  Brad Weier <bweier at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> My 2 cents: I'd keep the name tied closer to the Treehouse set by
>> calling it "Zenhouse."
>
>Refer back to the "single-stash versus Treehouse stash" clarifications
>in an earlier post: basically, while it might be good for marketing
>purposes (product identity), the game does not require a Treehouse stash.
>A monochrome stash would work fine, and the only loss is color-based
>relationships. Not to be a pedant, but still...

And really, in a game that is meant to be a simpler and faster version of Zendo, doesn't the loss of one variable aid in that goal, while having only three pieces of any given color (when playing with a Treehouse set) to work with would make color-based rules even *more* difficult.

In short, I think this game would play better with a monochrome stash.