[Icehouse] Re: NEW GAME: Martian Shuffleboard (Working Title)

  • DateMon, 22 Jan 2007 11:22:47 -0700
Ah, crap... an hour to compose that whole message, and I realized that
  I forgot the main point of play! *blush*

The line which reads...
  "In turn order, players attempt to slide an upright piece such
    that it stops in the table center in an upright position with
    the potential to score (see SCORING below)."
...should make it clear that the player must flick the piece with his
  or her finger(s) from the edge of the table.

So maybe it should read...
  "In turn order, players attempt to ***flick a single upright piece
    with their finger(s), from the edge of the table, so that it
    slides across the table surface and*** stops in the table center
    in an upright position with the potential to score
    (see SCORING below)."

Make more sense, now? It's really like shuffleboard, but without the
  board or the stick. And it's "Martian" because it's all about
  proximity (which we've learned is of importance to Martians from
  other games like Martian Chess).

Sorry I had to immediately post a correction (this is why editable
  forums work better, IMHO, than listservs, these days);
David