Re: [Icehouse] "Finishing the rainbow"

  • FromKristin Looney <customer-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 25 Jan 2007 15:34:38 -0500
--On January 25, 2007 David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

TO Looney Labs:

What does it actually entail to add a product to your catalog?

 I know this is kind of sensitive request, and please take it as coming
 from one who wants to see more Looney Labs stuff serving more tastes
 and target markets. I just really am curious about what most drives
 y'all's prioritization and expansion of products....

David -

I do thank you for your enthusiasm...  but those are really big
questions, with long complex answers, and time is one of the things
that we here at The Lab are always lacking.  Please stop asking us
to make another run of Martian Coasters.  It isn't going to happen
until we sell through a significant portion of the first print run,
and the product is only 2 months old!  We have 9000 some copies
in our warehouse right now!

The best thing you can do to help ensure that we keep publishing
cool things for the pyramids - is to help us promote the products
that we already have in print.  If you want another print run of
Martian Coasters, go play the game at your local game store or at
your local convention...  make sure your local game store has a
demo rabbit to teach them and their customers all the other great
games you can play with the pyramids after they have learned both
Treehouse and Martian Coasters...

Anyone who wants more answers to the how's and why's of running
a little game company like ours is encouraged to attend our Big
Experiment at Origins - and come to my 'Ask Kristin Anything'
talk, which is the new name for the 'How to run a small game
company' talk I have given there for many years.

I do love answering questions like this - but this open forum
is not the place to do it without spending a huge amount of time
to formulate a detailed article on the subject.

-Kristin Looney
Production Engineer for Looney Labs