Re: [Icehouse] A Zendo variant

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 13 Feb 2007 11:47:05 -0500
On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:58:04PM -0800, Kory Heath wrote:
> When someone calls Mondo, you may answer with a black or white stone, or
> secretly abstain by putting neither stone in your fist. When you
> abstain, you get nothing either way. If you answer correctly, you get
> one guessing stone. If you answer incorrectly, you lose all your
> guessing stones.

Interesting idea...

I wonder if losing one guessing stone might be sufficient.

There's a tactic of Mondo Against Guess on a turn where you're
planning to make a guess at the rule, so you gain a stone if your test
case disproves the rule you were about to guess.  (If it doesn't, you're
less likely to need the stone)  Losing all stones would, of course,
completely remove this tactic.  Is that intentional?  (Contrasting,
losing one/some stones merely makes it more difficult to implement.)

It occurs to me that, because this will probably reduce the number of
stones somebody will likely pile up in front of them and the number
they're likely to gain from Mondos, you could eliminate the Master/Mondo
distinction.  Is the decision whether to call Master or Mondo still an
interesting one?