Re: [Icehouse] A Zendo variant

  • FromKory Heath <kory@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 13 Feb 2007 11:11:02 -0800
Don Sheldon wrote:

It might
drastically change the feel of the game from nigh-cooperative to being
much more competitive, which would change its appeal for some people.

Yes. Years ago, during the initial development of the game, I saw that any kind of "risky" Mondo ideas changed the mood of the game for some people. But since I've played so many hundreds of games of Zendo in its current form, I'm personally ready to try some more "cutthroat" rule-sets. I'm curious what percentage of players will find such rule-sets more fun, and what percentage will prefer the original rules.

-- Kory