Re: [Icehouse] Trehouse set v. single stash

  • From"James Hazelton" <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 5 Apr 2007 14:24:10 -0500
I think most Single Stash games should be listed as both SS and TH. Does it really matter if the game fits one class better than the other? We're building a database here, so what we should be looking at is user ease. If someone just bought a single stash and wants to know what games he can play, he should be able to click "Single Stash" and get a list of all the games possible. If a player just bought a new Treehouse set, he should be able to click on "Treehouse" and see a list of all of the Treehouse-friendly games. Games that are both should be listed as both.

With that in mind, I think the most basic definitions would be best.

A game has the Single Stash nature if and only if it can be played with five sets of three consecutively sized pyramids of a single colour (plus any non-pyramid accessories).

A game has the Treehouse nature if and only if it can be played with four different-coloured, translucent sets of three consecutively sized pyramids and one set of three opaque pyramids in the same sizes (plus any non-pyramid accessories).

(I want to note that it is important for a complete definition to say "three consecutive sizes" to leave room for a possible future when it is common for people to play with a miniature set of pieces with 0-2 pips instead of the larger 1-3 pip classic pyramids.)