[Icehouse] Tic-Tac-Doh rules

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 6 Apr 2007 09:57:14 -0500

FWIW, when my daughter and I were playing a bunch of Tic Tac Doh (it was
a fine thing to do while waiting for dinner to arrive at the local
Family Friendly Restaurant) we noticed the problem with opaques and
played a simple variant based on the principle "if you can't see it, it
doesn't exist" in which a nest is considered indistinguishable from a
single pyramid of the outermost size. Seemed to work, anyway.

Which is exactly what the rules on the Tic-Tac-Doh card from ICE-7 states.

I'm inclined to say (given ICE-7 is the published version) that the
wiki is wrong in omitting this.

Timothy