[Icehouse] Ice Game Design Competition 2007

  • From"James Hazelton" <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 14 Apr 2007 00:59:18 -0500
Hello.

It seems that there is a general call for another IGDC. Recently, there have been complaints of a lack of procedure for getting your games played. Game are being churned out all the time, and a lot of them really deserve to be recognized. It's been a year and a half since the last competition--a time before some of us got into pyramids--so why don't we start up another one? I don't see how the fact that the last guy went AWOL keeps the rest of us from trying again. I would like to put to the floor a motion to start up another IGDC. Would this be feasible? I think it would be nice to focus on game created post-Treehouse. That is, both Treehouse games and games made with the Treehouse sales strategy in mind.
Perhaps games that use a Treehouse set, a Treehouse die, Martian Coasters, or Volcano caps could have a better chance of getting in the contest. (Or not; whatever, really.) If we have a lot of entries--a definite possibility since there hasn't been a IGDC in so long--there might be enough material for two formats: a Treehouse Competition and a Classic Competition. We'll need a new competition organizer, but I'm sure someone will volunteer. There could even be a small group in charge, if no-one has time to manage the whole thing. I would throw my hat in the ring if it came to that.

Fixing up the Wiki is great and everything, but it won't get people playing our great new games. I missed the first five competitions, so I would really like to see this manifest. Does anyone else agree?

James