Re: [Icehouse] Ice Game Design Competition 2007

  • From"Carlton Noles" <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 16 Apr 2007 01:14:23 -0400
I will check and see If i still have the email I sent to Johnathan. Also, one of the suggestions from the discussion on or around the last competition or the introduction of  TreeHouse was to have competitions perhaps either categorize or require a certain component (not the right term). for instance maybe this competition requires that the game be able to be played with the pyramids in a treehouse set, then the next be open to whatever, then perhaps a single stash tournament (single stash in my terminology meaning 15 pyramids, 5 of each size color doesn't matter), then another open, and so on. Imcdo it would be good to alterate open with special competitions. Also the special requirements should only have one requirement (other than the game use icehouse pieces). So if it uses a treehouse set (pyramid wise) it shouldn't matter what other parts or boards are required. Although, designers, if you want my vote extra equipment should be at a minimum and common. ( if the game requires a left handed smoke shifter and a blind jesuit priest chances are I wont be able to play it and therefore couldn't vote for it).

my advice may turn out to be worth exactly what you paid for. Which of couse is nothing.

--
Carlton "Kermit" Noles