Re: [Icehouse] 5th Stash :)

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 16 Jul 2007 13:14:45 -0400
On 7/16/07, David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ryan, RE why go to 10 colors...

* Any game which requires "one monochrome stash per player" and which
supports n-players (e.g. a massive Armada or Gnostica game)

10 player Gnostica would probably be very bad.

You'd deal out 60 of the 78 cards and use 9 more for the initial board
leaving 9 cards in the draw pile.  It would be very likely that you
would completely exhaust the drawpile (by which I mean also the
discards because everything would be either in hand or on table).

The low bidder (while he would definitely have one very good card) has
to make his initial placement into the wasteland.  It's not a total
death sentence, but it would definitely make things harder for him.

I mean, it might work, but it would be horribly cut-throat (not
necessarily a bad thing, depending on your gaming group) and you'd
probably want to play to a lower score, like 7.

Maybe if you decreased the hand size.

--
 To 3 or 4