Re: [Icehouse] 5th Stash :)

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 16 Jul 2007 13:37:21 -0400
On 7/16/07, miyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   Gnostica sounds like such a fun game, but there is no way I'm going to
bring a tarot deck into a public school.  I can only imagine the burning at
the stake that would arise in this conservative community.

There was a discussion (not sure if it was this list or a different LL
one) about this very topic and someone has made a perfectly clean
tarotish deck.  Different iconic symbols, completely different names,
but functionally identical (for Gnostica).

Let me just look through my archive...  here it is, originally from
Carol on the Edu list:

=====

Matt Arnold has this page of games:
http://www.nemorathwald.com/Games.htm

... and about halfwaydown is his link to his version of Gnostica -
which he titles "Tarotories."  I think if I were bringing the game
into a school, I'd call it Gnostica - much easier to talk about
Gnostics (from the Greek for "knowledge") than it would be to get past
Tarot - tories.... but your mileage may vary.

In any case, he's got a nicely put together set of cards you can print
out.  Be aware that he has added in two cards to make it an 80 card
deck.  This isn't what the original game calls for, so use those extra
cards or not, as you wish - but just be aware they're there.

=====

--
 yeah Gmail!