Re: [Icehouse] Icehouse Rules video

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 18 Jul 2007 12:15:29 -0400
David A. wrote:
I, too, would like some visual learning aide for Icehouse.

Because they've been mentioned a few times, I've placed the slides I
used when teaching the "Icehouse 101" class online -

   http://www.ee0r.com/icehouse/slides.pdf

Note that these slides are mostly just illustrations and are meant to
accompany a full explanation of the rules, not replace it.

Tucker wrote:
The only complicated part of the rules is "over-iced." Other than that,
it boils down to:

1. Upright is defending.
2. Pointing at a defender is attacking.
3. You have to beat (not just equal) the value of the defender in order
   for an attack to be successful.

If I'm really in a hurry, I leave off #3. I mean, they *know* there have
got to be more rules than that, but with #1 and #2 they can see that an
actual game is occurring in what they're watching.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx