RE: [Icehouse] Ice Game Design Competition is ON!

  • DateFri, 03 Aug 2007 11:37:36 -0700
Per the Competition Procedures, any revisions to the game pages (or the
IGDC page itself) after noon August 17th will be "rolled back". As the
Coordinator, I will try to watch every game for revisions and, if any
occur, will move them to the page's Talk page (temporarily) to preserve
the change so that it can be integrated into the main page after the
competition ends.

If I were Admin, yes, I'd actually lock them from editing. But I think
we can trust the designers not to seriously monkey with things once they
submit, so I should be able to stay on top of revisions. And that's kind
of what this two week submission period is for in the first place: final
text edits, rule refinements, variation inventions, and beautifying
(formatting and images). Hopefully, with two weeks to revise and
perfect, our good and noble designers won't NEED to monkey with the
pages after submission.

Now, the vandals of the world... well, let's just cross our fingers and
pray we don't get too many.

Thanks for asking!
David