RE: [Icehouse] New Mixed-Colors Set Speculation

  • Fromkerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
  • DateMon, 13 Aug 2007 20:42:14 +0000
Christopher:
>> > C) The Eco set is being planned to lay the ground work for
>> a 3House + 3 sets package/boxed game.
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by 3House + 3.  Regardless, I
>> can't believe that the Looneys are planning that far in
>> advance for specific game YET.  Zendo had a tremendous
>> following before it was made into a boxed set.  Likewise,
>> IceTowers was fairly well known before its appearance.  I
>> can't think of any current games that could be descibed as
>> 3House+3.  The most likely candidates for boxing would be
>> just plain old 3House games (Homeworlds, Black Ice, etc.),
>> but even with those game it was determined that publishing
>> the rules separate from the bits made more sense.

> I think what he means is a boxed game that has three Treehouse sets and the
> 3House booklet, packaged as "Three Games in One!" (Black ICE, Martian Chess,
> and Binary Homeworlds).

Ah, I get it now.

I could see that: the 3House book plus three Eco tubes of 'mids.  I would guess this ISN'T going to happen given the poorer-than-expected sales of the Zendo and IceTowers boxed sets.  But it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Ryan