RE: [Icehouse] New Mixed-Colors Set Speculation

  • DateTue, 14 Aug 2007 08:02:14 -0700
> From: "James Hazelton" <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx>
> > A) The re-run of Xeno should replace Treehouse with another single-set
> > game.
>
> I really like this idea. Any idea what a good game would be?

A good game would make relevant the die and all colors, as Ryan said.

But it's a *bit* disingenuous to say Treehouse does so: color isn't
relevant at all, in TH, if you are playing with folks who can keep track
of the trivial rule "the three pieces in front of you are yours" (i.e.
everyone with whom I've ever played any game).

I go further to also make all sizes relevant. That's sounding like great
design requirements for the Fall 2007 IGDC!

> From: kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
> Christopher:
> >> a 3House + 3 sets package/boxed game.
> >>
> >> I'm not sure what you mean by 3House + 3.  Regardless, I
> >> the rules separate from the bits made more sense.
>
> > I think what he means is a boxed game that has three Treehouse sets and the
> > 3House booklet, packaged as "Three Games in One!" (Black ICE, Martian Chess,
> > and Binary Homeworlds).
>
> Ah, I get it now.
>
> I could see that: the 3House book plus three Eco tubes of 'mids.

Hehe... nope, not QUITE getting it.

I mean a package with Rainbow, Xeno, and Eco/Loco together--each with
its own game on the tube--and packaged with 3House (the booklet) for a
total of *6* games in one. Heck, toss in all five Martian Coasters for
$5 more, why not?

They already do "3House + 3" at the site for $30:
http://www.looneylabs.com/OurStores/product.html?ProductID=270

So I'm not actually saying much other than to mix the sets, for a more
colorful product (and toss in $5 more for the Coasters).

Of course... that could make it kind of hard to play Homeworlds: having
to keep three color mappings straight would be hard for even Iceheads,
let alone a new player. :}

But it would be very pretty on the shelf. I wouldn't even box it; I'd be
looking for a way to just shrink wrap the tubes together, flat, so that
folks can see all the colors from the back even if the booklet covers
(most/all?) of them from the front.

Anyhoooooo... just an idea/suspicion, raised by seeing 3HOUSE and 3
sets....

David