Re: [Icehouse] Eternal Wiki Problems

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 14 Aug 2007 14:42:35 -0500
I don't like the idea of the Looney's hosting it, for a number of
reasons.  It's just one more thing they have to worry about at a time
when they really can't.  Yes, even if you say you'll devote the time
to it, they still have to oversee it in some way.  By not having it
under their control means it's simply Not Their Problem, and while
that seems harsh, it also seems somewhat fair.  It's a fan site, and
should be kept separate.  After all, if someone has a problem with
something on it, and complains to the Looneys, if it's under their
care, they *will* have to deal with that somehow, and they simply do
not have the time or resources available to do that.

However, characterising your option B as "Oh, no, jut leave it on the
sucky site" is unfair.  Yes, I think that something needs to be done,
but the Looneys are not the people you should be talking to.

The person you *should* be talking to and offering help to is Mike
Sugarbaker, who is running the site.  He has been active on the site
recently, and I'm sure if you contacted him, he'd be willing to talk
about options.

regards,

Timothy