Re: [Icehouse] Eternal Wiki Problems

  • FromAvri Klemer <avri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 14 Aug 2007 16:05:11 -0400
I agree that the intermittent problems on the Games Wiki are frustrating.

However, I believe Carol already replied (before leaving LL's employ) that they are happy with the Wiki as independent from the company proper.

So, we need a third option. . .

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Artman" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Icehouse List" <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:30 PM
Subject: [Icehouse] Eternal Wiki Problems

I am writing to ask (a) if the Looneys could host the Icehousegame.org
wiki and (b) what others think about them doing so, if they are willing.

It is becoming more and more of a problem, day in and day out, trying to
do anything on the wiki. At this very moment, I am "stuck" trying to
save the wiki code for a whole new game elsewhere, becasue the site is
not responding. If it's traffic-related throttling, then it is going to
get a LOT worse (I hope) when the IGDC submissions are announced
worldwide(web). If it's just a crappy hosting service, that's easily
solved by moving to a new host--and I've never found Wunderland or
LooneyLabs to be slow to respond or down on a daily basis.

If the answer to A above is "no," could you let us know why, in the
event that we can solve any objections? Money, administration,
maintenance time: I am about ready to offer any or all three, if it gets
me a wiki site with 99% uptime.

(Obviously, if the consensus on B above is "don't do it; leave it on its
current, terrible host" then never mind.)

David