Re: [Icehouse] Twin Win

  • From"Jake Eakle" <jseakle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 10 Sep 2007 12:22:57 -0400
If we really need a quick way to type "twin win" that incorporates the fact that the last three letters are the 2nd-4th repeated, how about t|win? Though for all its cleverness, its use will never save more keystrokes than have already been made in this discussion :-)

Jake

On 9/10/07, Alan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sep 9, 2007, at 12:28 PM, Eric Handler wrote:

> On a side note, does this work for typing twin win?( Not a math
> nerd I swear...)
> t(win)^2
> prounounced "t win squared"

It "works" in the sense that it can be evaluated algebraically to
produce the desired result.  I applaud its cleverness.  However, it
*increases* the effort required to type the game's name, so in that
sense it fails.

Twin Win: eight characters including the space, two of which use the
Shift key

t(win)^2: eight characters, four of which are a two-row stretch from
the home row; three of those use the Shift key, and one is a "rare"
number-row character that even most touch-typists won't always type
quickly