RE: [Icehouse] Twin Win

  • From"Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 10 Sep 2007 13:24:49 -0400
I can imagine some kind of logo that incorporates a stylized "win" with a
drop shadow that has a "T" tacked on the front...

-----Original Message-----
From: icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jake Eakle
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 12:23 PM
To: Icehouse Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] Twin Win

If we really need a quick way to type "twin win" that incorporates the fact
that the last three letters are the 2nd-4th repeated, how about t|win?
Though for all its cleverness, its use will never save more keystrokes than
have already been made in this discussion :-)

Jake

On 9/10/07, Alan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

	On Sep 9, 2007, at 12:28 PM, Eric Handler wrote:

	> On a side note, does this work for typing twin win?( Not a math
	> nerd I swear...)
	> t(win)^2
	> prounounced "t win squared"

	It "works" in the sense that it can be evaluated algebraically to
	produce the desired result.  I applaud its cleverness.  However, it
	*increases* the effort required to type the game's name, so in that
	sense it fails.

	Twin Win: eight characters including the space, two of which use the

	Shift key

	t(win)^2: eight characters, four of which are a two-row stretch from
	the home row; three of those use the Shift key, and one is a "rare"
	number-row character that even most touch-typists won't always type
	quickly