Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Summer 2007 Rankings

  • FromJeff Zeitlin <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 20 Sep 2007 17:03:07 -0400
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:44:25 -0700, David wrote:

>Ranking Results below

OK, I'm the author of Martian Coaster Chaturanga, and from the rankings,
I see that it scored fairly consistently in the bottom half of the
rankings among those who ranked it at all. To me, that seems to imply
that there was either a fundamental design flaw, or a fundamental
misunderstanding by me of what makes a game fun and/or interesting.  I'd
be interested in hearing folks' thoughts on why they ranked MCC
generally low - or, in the case of the two people that didn't (Andy
Looney and Jason Coldholts) what you were looking for in a game that
made you rank it higher.  I'll take those thoughts either here or on the
MCC talk page
(http://www.icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Martian_Coaster_Chaturanga),
but I'd REALLY like to know where I went wrong.

Also, question to David as IGDC organizer: Is MCC going to be eligible
for the next IGDC, given that the next IGDC is apparently going to be
restricted to Martian Coaster games, or is it one shot and that's it
because it's no longer a 'new' game?

Also, could someone poke MiSuBa and ask him to unprotect the games
entered in this summer's contest, so that anyone with pending revisions
to one of those games can update them?