Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Summer 2007 Rankings

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 21 Sep 2007 15:05:26 -0400
On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 11:34:05AM -0400, Avri Klemer wrote:

> [This is actually a problem I ran into myself with the 4-player version of
> Penguin Soccer, and as a result I will remove that version from the
> "official" rules once the wiki is unlocked (*hint* *hint*, Mike . . .)]

We found the same thing when we played Penguin Soccer 4-player.  It was
fun for a while, but became increasingly frustrating until we concluded
that too much happens between turns for any player to achieve an actual
victory.

The ball would get piled on, and there would be this
interesting jockeying for position, and it would squirt out and give
someone an advantage, but there would be a new pile a few squares away
before they could convert that to a goal.

I really wanted to try the game with two players, as I suspect I'd like
it.  I never got a chance, so I didn't feel I could evaluate the game
fairly.

(The latter is probably a large part of why I didn't submit rankings for
the competition, but that's my own fault.)

> As was mentioned on the wiki, MCC is hurt somewhat by the fact that it is
> theme-free.  We did not really know why we were doing what we were doing,
> nor what a Chaturanga was.

I had to look it up.  It's a clever choice of name.