Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Tallying and Other Procedures

  • FromDale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 28 Sep 2007 12:35:41 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Andrew Plotkin wrote:

Oh, no; listing them in ranked order (even allowing ties) is much, much easier. But from a conceptual standpoint, the two are equivalent.

Actually, the square (half-square) table is more powerful. It lets you express subtleties of preference that the ranked order (with ties) does not.

...it is? I don't see how. (Unless you're putting something other than +1/-1 in each box?)

But it's much too confusing to be worthwhile.

That I agree on.  Ranked order is hard enough!

--
Dale Sheldon
dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx