Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Tallying and Other Procedures

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 28 Sep 2007 11:42:01 -0500

> ...it is?  I don't see how.  (Unless you're putting something other than
> +1/-1 in each box?)

using the table, one can express A>B, B>C, C>A, which one can't do
with a ranked list.  For any individual to do so, however, would leave
me wondering about that person :)

Put another way, it's possible (even likely) that people would
introduce inconsistencies into a ballot if they used the table.

I can't think of any legitimate, deliberate, way of expressing one's
preference in the table that one can't express in a ranked list with
the ability to provide for "is equal to"

Timothy