Pyramid buying patterns WAS:[Re: [Icehouse] What is 2HOUSE?]

  • From"Laurie J. Rich" <knitmeapony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 12 Nov 2007 16:45:29 -0600
One tiny point I'd like to jump in on:

On Nov 12, 2007 4:33 PM, Jorge Arroyo <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Furthermore, as this is about selling sets: No individual game is
going to drive people to buy
>a second set.

Not true.  Although I may be the exception that proves the rule, that
fits my buying pattern perfectly.  I don't buy something because it's
endlessly flexible.  I'm a lazy gamer.  I don't design games, I don't
want to.  I don't want to buy something and -then- go digging for
games from an expansive list.

I DO want books like 3HOUSE (and 2HOUSE and 4HOUSE, should they ever
exist) -- and a few sets of solid rules put together as 2HOUSE would
drive me to buy a second set, just as one game in 3HOUSE drove me to
buy two more sets.

I buy something when I have concrete proof I like it.  One good game
will do that for me.  I consider myself less of the pieceniker/game
designer/hardcore gamer and more of the consumer gamer... and I think
those are the sales we're really trying to push, and will be harder to
push.

There's my two cents, that's all.

Laurie
--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not