Re: Pyramid buying patterns WAS:[Re: [Icehouse] What is 2HOUSE?]

  • From"Jorge Arroyo" <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 14 Nov 2007 01:28:56 +0100
In my case I had heard about the pyramids after getting into the piecepack system. Games systems are one of my biggest interests in the area of board gaming, so eventually I had to get into the pyramids after reading about many interesting games. So last year I finally bought 5 TH sets plus the book Playing with pyramids. So for me, what finally drove me to buy into Icehouse, was more the generic properties of the pieces as a game system and the variety of games available. Zendo, and other excellent games, alone were not enough to justify the cost for me...

My analysis was based on the low sells that individual boxed games have experienced in the past, and the sudden rise in sells with TreeHouse sets. As fun as the game TreeHouse is to play once in a while (especially with kids), it's not really only the game that is selling all those sets, but the possibilities one TH set has to play many other games. Something that was much more difficult when buying the same priced stashes of one color.

-Jorge