Re: Pyramid buying patterns WAS:[Re: [Icehouse] What is 2HOUSE?]

  • FromAlan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 13 Nov 2007 23:38:21 -0500
On Nov 13, 2007, at 7:28 PM, Jorge Arroyo wrote:

My analysis was based on the low sells that individual boxed games have experienced in the past, and the sudden rise in sells with TreeHouse sets. As fun as the game TreeHouse is to play once in a while (especially with kids), it's not really only the game that is selling all those sets, but the possibilities one TH set has to play many other games. Something that was much more difficult when buying the same priced stashes of one color.

I think the sudden rise is more likely to be due to the fact that a single tube of pyramids costs ten bucks, and you only need to buy one Treehouse set in order to have a fun, playable game that includes instructions. In contrast, monochrome stashes and boxed sets called for spending $40-$50 in order to play the popular games, and most people aren't "game system" enthusiasts who would jump at the chance to search the 'net for rules that weren't included with what they bought.