Re: [Icehouse] Tagging, Rating, Played - Games added to BGG

  • From"Jorge Arroyo" <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 19 Feb 2008 17:42:06 +0100
Don't worry about adding your own games. If you don't who will? Many designers and small publishers add their games, and it's never a problem. For each game you add, even your own, you're benefiting BGG by making it more extensive, it's after all a database. Also, if you add the games you get the geekgold :) (if that means anything to you)

-Jorge

On Feb 19, 2008 5:28 PM, Jason Spears <spielboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 19, 2008 11:07 AM, Doug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jason Spears writes:
>  > The wiki still shows Pylon as "in development", is this still true?
>
> Nope.  I removed the box.  I'm not sure why it was added.

Ok!

>  > Regardless, adding a game to the BGG database is a fairly simple
>  > process, so any designer or fan can add a game.
>
> It feels a little wrong for me to add my own game.  I'll wait for a
> fan to add it.

Well I'm fairly sure that the admins on the geek don't mind designers
adding their own games, but I've now added Quintazone, Pylon and
Intersect. I did the best I could with mechanic and summary as I've
yet to play any of them.

-Jason