Re: [Icehouse] Tagging, Rating, Played - Games added to BGG

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 19 Feb 2008 14:02:30 -0500
Jorge Arroyo writes:
 > Don't worry about adding your own games. If you don't who will? Many
 > designers and small publishers add their games, and it's never a problem.
 > For each game you add, even your own, you're benefiting BGG by making it
 > more extensive, it's after all a database. Also, if you add the games you
 > get the geekgold :) (if that means anything to you)

I guess I'm used to the Wikipedia community, which has minimum
"notability" standards that should be met before something can be
added to the database.  I figured, if there isn't a single person
besides the designer who is motivated enough to add a game to BGG,
then maybe the game doesn't really belong there.  But it's moot now--
thanks, Jason.

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx