[Icehouse] Publishing only a winner and a runner up

  • From"Jorge Arroyo" <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 21 Feb 2008 03:13:09 +0100
Hi all,

  We should make a decision about this, as if we're going to do it, the sooner we change the infoboxes on the wiki, the better. So far from what I read on the other threads at least 3 people (including me) agree with this. Is there anyone that feels this is a bad decision?

  Basically, I think that with such a low number of votes, and seeing how small changes affect the final order a lot, why not just use the votes to get a winner and a runner up. This way the rest of the games are not marked for life (especially the ones on the bottom) when they might just be really good games. I don't think either Martian Gunslingers or Virus Fight deserve this stigma when MG was penalized for beign a 1house game and being hard to play without a custom deck and Virus Fight was the only game that actually beat the winner of the contest in the individual pairings.

  Also, special mentions were proposed because of this last fact for both VF and Penguin Soccer (from the last contest), but I won't vote either way as I'm an interested party.

  Let's see if we can make a decision and edit the wiki as soon as possible.

-Jorge