Re: [Icehouse] Winter 2008 IGDC Rankings!

  • From"Jorge Arroyo" <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 21 Feb 2008 02:44:37 +0100
Thanks a lot. I'm glad you liked the game. I do think the game is good, and am discouraged about what I mentioned in the other thread. The fact that you see the 7th position in the game's wiki page will probably make casual observers avoid the game... As I said, I think we should remove the final rankings as they're not so reliable and just publish the first and second place (maybe third too). This way there's no "stigma" on the other games and hopefully that way they'll attrack some attention (and feedback) after the contest is over.

-Jorge

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Doug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jorge Arroyo writes:
 > I don't understand much about this ranking method, but I just lost a lot of
 > confidence in it... I can't say I find that irony very funny, as I do like
 > my own game a lot, and don't think it deserved 7th place... I'm really
 > looking forward to all the feedback (especially the negative feedback) that
 > I'm (hopefully) about to get. I hope I can turn Virus Fight into a better
 > game.

I'm planning to write up my thoughts about all the games sometime
soon, but for now I will just say that I thought Virus Fight was head
and shoulders above the other 7 games, and I'm pretty surprised it
didn't win, especially given the apparent preference towards no-luck
games in past competitions (VF was the only such game this time).
Jorge, I think the game is fine as it is, and I hope you don't get
discouraged by the results of this particular vote.

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx