Re: [Icehouse] Discard and Draw in Zark City

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 27 Feb 2008 06:49:23 -0800
On Wednesday, February 27, 2008, at 09:39AM, "Tom Phoenix" <rb+wunderland@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>The description of Draw, on the PDF, says, "Discard any cards you
>don't want, then draw three cards. You can never hold more than six
>cards."
>
>How many cards, if any, must be discarded before drawing?

Discard just the cards you don't want.  You could discard nothing, if you like all the cards you have, or discard six if you don't like your whole hand (that's dumb, by the way) or anything in-between.

>May a player with five cards choose to discard one and draw
>only two new cards, for example, or does that player discard
>one, then draw three and discard one of those?

I read it as the former, not the latter. It says a player cannot have seven cards, so if you try to draw a seventh card, you don't.  So in your example with five cards, you discard one card and draw only two.

>May a player ever discard zero cards before drawing?

Sure!