Re: [Icehouse] Discard and Draw in Zark City

  • FromAndrew Plotkin <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 27 Feb 2008 10:41:18 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Tom Phoenix wrote:

Zark City looks like an intriguing game.

   http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Andy/Games/ZarkCity/index.html

The description of Draw, on the PDF, says, "Discard any cards you
don't want, then draw three cards. You can never hold more than six
cards."

How many cards, if any, must be discarded before drawing? May a player
with five cards choose to discard one and draw only two new cards, for
example

That's the way it worked in Zarcana, so that's what we did. (We tried playing Zark City last night.)

May a player ever discard zero cards before drawing?

Yes. And if you have five cards, you can discard zero and draw one.

Assuming I'm right, the rule could be worded to "...then draw one, two, or three cards. You can never hold more than six cards."

--Z

*
When Bush says "Stay the course," what he means is "I don't know what to
do next." He's been saying this for years now.