Re: [Icehouse] Zark City 1.1

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 10 Mar 2008 12:53:38 -0700
On Monday, March 10, 2008, at 03:05PM, "Doug Orleans" <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I just noticed (from the "Ask Andy" corner of the Wunderland News)
>that Andy posted some changes to Zark City in response to some
>discussions on this list:

Cool.  I hadn't noticed that.  I played several games of this on the weekend.  I like it.  I won more games than not, but the guy I was playing with had at least one rule confused in the first two games. On game one he said, as I spawned a piece to move for the win on the next turn, "Hey, I thought you could only spawn pieces to your original card!" And then on the second game, half way through the game as I drew three cards, he said, "How did you get three cards without discarding?"  He had thought you had to discard at least one card to be able to draw three.  Once he understood how to play, he started to win some games.  We had one particular game that was pretty good, going back and forth, where we eventually had three separate power trios for which we were vying control.  I ran out of pieces from my stash in that game.  It was a good one.

># Version 1.1 Changes:
>
>    * If any players begin with nothing but face cards, ALL players
>      draw an extra card until everyone is able to play a Starter
>      card.

We never ran into this situation, but this solution sounds the most elegant.

>    * Draw: When taking the Draw turn option, discard down to six
>      cards AFTER drawing three new cards.

We would have played differently, I think, if we could have done that.  I do like the change.