Re: [Icehouse] Zark City 1.1

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 11 Mar 2008 12:33:47 -0700
On Tuesday, March 11, 2008, at 01:39PM, "Andy Looney" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Yes, as Doug pointed out, I've decided on a couple of tweaks. I came up
>with a better solution to the all-face cards to start problem, and I was
>compelled by this argument from  Topher:
>
>> Those discard three, draw three turns aren't very exciting.  Being able to
>> draw three, discard three gets you to the hand you want faster, so you
>> can get on to the more fun parts of the game faster.

I'm glad I could help.

>I agree. I was still clinging to the Zarcana method a bit before, but I've
>decided this way is best. I like to think of it as being Draw 3, Hand Limit
>6.

Oh boy, that just gave me an idea to combine Fluxx and Zark City. (Where you'd have to control a goal and the keepers that satisfy that goal, and New Rule cards are "in play" as long as a player controls them.)  I'm going to have to think about this...

>Also, to finally answer Carl's question, I've never intended it to be legal
>to attack your own piece. However, I suppose if you ever found yourself
>wanting to, you could.

One of those rare things that can help sometimes, I guess.

>Thanks for all the feedback folks! I played Zark City 4 times last night
>and I'm getting more and more into playing this game! It really plays
>well... if you haven't tried it yet, you should!

I played several games on the weekend.  I like it!